[Qemu-discuss] Could large volume of uncoalesced memory regions slow dow

From: 魏銘廷
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Could large volume of uncoalesced memory regions slow down kvm and qemu?
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 18:09:02 +0800

I am currently trying to figure out how to map coalesced guest virtual
address (gva) space onto host virtual address (hva) space.

One of my thoughts is to allocate memory, then assign them as
fractions of memory regions onto the guest physical memory. The region
might be as large as 6GiB with 4k pages. I am wondering if it could
heavily impact the performance of qemu and kvm. And is it the best way
I could do with it?

--
Yao Wei