Re: [Qemu-discuss] Fwd: drive with bus=0, unit=0 (index=0) exists

From: Tony Su
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Fwd: drive with bus=0, unit=0 (index=0) exists
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2013 10:20:49 -0800

Figured out the problem.

QEMU commands apparently don't support wildcards, you have to explicitly name files.

TSU

On Jan 11, 2013 4:11 PM, "Tony Su" <address@hidden> wrote:
Launching a pre-built QEMU ARM image following the instructions at
https://en.opensuse.org/HCL:VersatileExpress

Reviewing:
Downloaded the disk image, extracted, grew it to 20GB
Downloaded the kernel archive, extracted to same folder holding the
prepared disk image.
Executed the following command from within the folder holding these
files, which returns as follows

# qemu-system-arm -M vexpress-a9 -m 1G -drive
file=openSUSE-12.2-ARM-XFCE-vexpress.armv7l.raw, if=sd -serial stdio
-kernel initrd*kernel -initrd initrd*h.gz -append console=tty
qemu-system-arm: -drive
file=openSUSE-12.2-ARM-XFCE-vexpress.armv7l.raw,: drive with bus=0,
unit=0 (index=0) exists

Not sure what I'm doing wrong and the error perplexes me... No other
VM is running but of course the drive should already exist if I'm
pointing to an existing disk image file.

I probably am misunderstanding something...

TIA,
TSU