[Qemu-discuss] Rotate graphical output of vm

From: Dennis Böck
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Rotate graphical output of vm
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 10:39:01 +0000

Dear Qemu-list,

I would like to rotate the graphical output of a vm. I tried it with a Fedora
17 and a OpenSuse 12.2 guest with vga option -vga -qxl and -vmvga and: xrandr
-o left, but I got the error message:

X Error of failed request: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes)
Major opcode of failed request: 129 (RANDR)
Minor opcode of failed request: 2 (RRsetScreenConfig)
Serial number of failed request: 12

Also my try to change the xorg.conf in SLES11SP1 did not change the rotation,
because the Xserver log says: "Option "Rotate" is not used"
The only vga option which worked partly is: cirrus. But with cirrus the
graphical output is not displayed correctly in my vnc-viewer.
I tried it with a SLES11SP2 host (Kernel 3.0.13-0.27) and a Fedora17 host
(Kernel 3.3.4).
Any ideas?

Best regards and thanks in advance
Dennis