Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU 1.3 vs 1.2.1 Windows Boot error

From: Jakob Bohm
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] QEMU 1.3 vs 1.2.1 Windows Boot error
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2012 13:18:26 +0100

On 12/5/2012 1:11 PM, Jörn Krebs wrote:
Hi guys,

you might laugh at me, but I haven't followed the latest development:

I switched from Qemu 1.2.1 to 1.3 and now my Windows XP (32Bit) image
is not booting anymore. (It does boot if I switch back to version
1.2.1)
I comes up with BSOD, Stop error 7E and something with ACPI.SYS

Does that give anyone a hint what the error can be.
I read in the changelog that there have been some changes imported
from the qemu-kvm version, but I do not understand the implications.
Sounds like a bug in the ACPI code in the qemu-bundled BIOS?
Any help would be appreciated:

Here is my qemu-comand line:
/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64
-cpu host -machine type=pc,accel=kvm,kernel_irqchip=on
-drive file=/mnt/VirtualMachines/WinXP.raw,cache=writeback,if=virtio
-smp 2 -usb -usbdevice tablet -enable-kvm -net nic,model=virtio
-net user -m 1024 -vga vmware -k de -soundhw ac97 -localtime'

I tried
/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64
-drive file=/mnt/VirtualMachines/WinXP.raw,cache=writeback,if=virtio

as well, but both don't work.

Enjoy

Jakob
--
Jakob Bohm, CIO, Partner, WiseMo A/S.  http://www.wisemo.com
Transformervej 29, 2730 Herlev, Denmark.  Direct +45 31 13 16 10