Re: [Qemu-discuss] Tap Devices

From: Mike Lovell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Tap Devices
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2012 11:31:05 -0700

On 11/30/2012 02:26 AM, Frans de Boer wrote:
Hello Mike,

Great to have your response. By showing that sudo can be tailored to specific programs, it is possible to remove the suid bit too. Have to check only if I can restrict to one user only, otherwise it does not matter whether the suid is used or sudo. Oh well, gone dive deeper into sudo, which I never have done before.

you can restrict sudo rules to just one person. in the example i listed, you would change %qemu to the username.

Yes, whoami is much better, I knew there was something but could not remember the function name :\.

I just wanted to try avoiding using the brcompat component from openvSwitch. On the other hand, I am still experimenting, and maybe the standard kernel bridge is also good enough. Ah well, I keep on experimenting using the various components.

i don't know all the implications of using brcompat so there maybe downsides. it did take a while to get it set up on my ubuntu 12.10 box. it may not be the best answer but it does work.

mike