Re: [Qemu-discuss] Has anyone been able to boot Solaris 8 Install CD/DVD

From: Basil Huffman
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] Has anyone been able to boot Solaris 8 Install CD/DVD under QEMU
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2012 01:18:40 -0500

I have gotten solaris 2.5.1 to boot and install. Check Artyom Tarasenko's blog post on solaris and qemu.

On Nov 10, 2012 8:46 PM, "Donald R Laster Jr" <address@hidden> wrote:

While I have built some Slackware Linux and Microsoft Windows-XP virtual machines (VM) under AQEMU and QEMU using the latest code I have not had any success boot the Solaris 8 Install CD/DVD so I can create a working VM for some special testing.

So has anyone been successful in booting the Solaris 8 Install CD/DVDs with AQEMU and QEMU?  I am trying to create a VM that would be the equivalent of the old Sun Microsystems Blade 100/150 that run at 500 and 650 MHZ.

So far I have not found anything on the web sites except successes with the old Sparc 32 processors.

  Thanks in Advance,
  Donald R Laster Jr.
Donald R. Laster Jr.
25 Heidl Ave