Re: [Qemu-discuss] vga passthrough good on winXP 32bit but not win7 64bi

From: lejeczek
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] vga passthrough good on winXP 32bit but not win7 64bit
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 13:10:36 +0100

radeon hd 5450; XP32bit - OK; Win764bit - "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems."

On 27/09/12 09:01, lejeczek wrote:
I was trying both VGAs alternately, while one was passed through the other was out of the box, and the box, hardware, itself is one the latest Dell poweredge servers so yes, IOMMU when I'm back in the office I'm going to double check the XP that worked

but in the meanwhile, is there any detailed help page where one can read about passing though all these registers and addresses, eexamples maybe? apart from the code which I can't read, I ain't a programmer I've been searching the web but nothing could find, discouraging.

thanks Jakob for your help