[Qemu-discuss] Linux KVM, Windows 7 guest choppy sound

From: Erik Lotspeich
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] Linux KVM, Windows 7 guest choppy sound
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 23:22:29 -0500

Hi,

I am running OpenSUSE 12.1. I fixed audio issues in VM guests by setting
the following in qemu.conf:

vnc_allow_host_audio = 1

I also set user= and group= to allow qemu-kvm to run as the same user as
I am logged in as. This allowed qemu-kvm to send audio to pulseaudio.

I am using the ICH6 virtual audio driver in my VMs. In my Linux VMs, the
sound works perfectly without any issues. In my Windows 7 VM, the sound
works with the exception of static and choppiness in the audio. Has
anyone else seen this or have any ideas for a fix?

Thanks!

Regards

Erik