[Qemu-discuss] problem regarding ivshmem size

From: siddhesh phadke
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] problem regarding ivshmem size
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 14:07:03 -0400

I am trying to use ivshmem shared memory between two VMs. If i give
size option more than or equal to 512m(-device
ivshmem,size=512M,shm=shdev) and try to connect to VM via vnc, VM does
not boot up and nothing happens on screen. But if I give -device
ivshmem,size=256,shm=shdev then VM boots up normally. Is there any shm
size limitation for using ivshmem? Or I am doing something wrong?

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you