Re: [Qemu-discuss] how to use QEMU:QEMU cannot be compiled

From: Mike Lovell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] how to use QEMU:QEMU cannot be compiled
Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 09:54:31 -0600

On 05/29/2012 12:06 AM, ETANI NORIKO wrote:
> ---------
> OS:Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
> VM ennvironment:VMware Player 4.0.3
> VM:host: Fedora 16(32 bits and 64 bits)
> ----------
> My purpose to use QEMU is to test a mips-Linux originally developed for our
> hardware on my PC environment. However, I cannot compile QEMU-1.1.9-rc3. In
> my PC, after "./configure" was executed, a error message of "glib-2.12
> required to compile QEMU" is showed. How should I solve this problem?
> Moreover, in my case, how should I use QEMU? Am I right to use
> above-mentioned PC's environment?

are you trying to run qemu on windows or in fedora 16? your email is
ambiguous. i'm going to assume you are doing it on fedora 16.

your problems is most likely that you don't have the glib development
package installed. i believe the package you want to have installed is
glib2-devel. (i'm not a regular user of fedora and friends so i'm not
entirely sure on the package name).

if you are trying to do this on windows, i guess the same still applies
in that you need to get glib and the development files installed. i've
never used qemu on windows and there have been some reports of problems
with that recently.

good luck.

mike