Re: [Qemu-discuss] corrupted QCOW2 image

From: Mike Lovell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] corrupted QCOW2 image
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 12:15:15 -0600

On 03/27/2012 08:23 AM, David Magda wrote:
On Tue, March 20, 2012 11:54, David Magda wrote:
Hello,

We've run into a corrupted QCOW2 disk image on one of our VMs. I can
consistently trigger it by running an 'apt-get update' on the Debian 5
guest, which causes a SIGSEGV to be sent to the qemu-kvm process.
[...]

(Crickets chirping.)

So there's no way to fix a corrupted disk image? There is no FEC? There's
no way to tell 'qemu-img' to skip blocks with bad checksums and recover
what it can?

hrm. can you try copying the disk image off of the NFS share to a local disk and then do the checks or convert? from the first error message in your original post, i would guess that the error was qemu-img had an error in reading data from the file. i don't know of any qcow2 fixing tool. if the problem is reading the file off of the isilon cluster, then there isn't much that the qemu tools are going to be able to do. at least as far as i know.

sry i dont have more info to give and good luck.

mike