Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to pass signals between guest os and host os!

From: Mike Lovell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] How to pass signals between guest os and host os!
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:34:50 -0700

On 01/13/2012 05:47 AM, dykelin wrote:

Hi

I have another question , if one of the processes run on the guest linux (which run with qemu on the host linux)have done something ,and want another process run on the host linux to know it ,how to do it ?may I use signal ?if so, how ? Thanks!!!

there aren't any qemu specific mechanisms that i know of that would allow a signal to a process on the guest to get passed through to a process on the host. if you are writing the programs on both machines, you could have them communicate over the network and pass between them any signals they receive. or you could set up some serial channels between the guest and the host and the programs communicate over the serial channel and share information that way.

mike