Re: [Qemu-discuss] how to use qemu net option

From: Mike Lovell
Subject: Re: [Qemu-discuss] how to use qemu net option
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 16:29:29 -0700

On 01/13/2012 05:38 AM, dykelin wrote:
> Thanks for you suggestion, I just learn a small part of source code of the
> qemu, and I think the " -net dump "may not suit for me, I guess this
> file(dump.pcap) will be write to the disk, than if so ,when the process to
> read it will more slower than in the shared memory, and the "-socket", I
> haven't learned it on the qemu, I don't know if it different from the
> window's socket, and I will try to learn this part latter, I think due to my
> terrible English, may be I don't described clearly about what I need . I
> want one of the processes on my host linux to communication with the guest
> linux through the network interface, and for the process on the guest linux
> it do not different to the communication with the with the physical network
> card on the host linux , Don't care what protocol with. And I don't why to
> do so, just my boss told me to think about it. I think the tap can used, but
> need to modify the code, as I not good at it ,there must be lots of bug wait
> for me if I do so, as I new to it ,I don't know is there other way can be
> used and not need to modify the code ,so I search for your help!
> Thanks all the same!

it sounds like you just need to be able to have a process in the guest
talk to a process on the host. if that is the case, you can use any form
of communication you would use between hosts on a network. regular tcp
sockets between the host and the guest would work great and can get
pretty good performance. it shouldn't be any different than physical
machines in that regard.

mike