[Qemu-discuss] raw image to bootable hard disk

From: Dennis chua
Subject: [Qemu-discuss] raw image to bootable hard disk
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 16:07:41 -0500

Hello to All.

Is there a way to transfer a qemu raw image file to a boot drive of a
physical machine?

I would like to take a VM based on a raw image file and "reimage" it
to a hard disk on a separate physical machine, perhaps by simply using
dd and a transfer media such as a USB stick. The receiving physical
should then boot with the copied image and present an actualized
instance of the VM.

While searching the web, I commonly see ways to go the opposite
direction: from a physical disk to qemu raw file that a VM can then
use. But I haven't found tips that meet my needs.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

-- Dennis