qemu-devel

Re: make -j check failing on master, interesting valgrind errors on qos-

From: Dario Faggioli
Subject: Re: make -j check failing on master, interesting valgrind errors on qos-test vhost-user-blk-test/basic
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 07:26:27 +0000

On Thu, 2022-05-26 at 20:18 +0200, Claudio Fontana wrote:
> Forget about his aspect, I think it is a separate problem.
>
> valgind of qos-test when run restricted to those specific paths (-p
> /x86_64/pc/i440FX-pcihost/pci-bus-pc/pci-bus/virtio-net-pci/virtio-
> net/virtio-net-tests/vhost-user/reconnect for example)
> shows all clear,
>
> and still the test fails when run in a while loop after a few
> attempts:

Yes, this kind of matches what I've also seen and reported about in
<5bcb5ceb44dd830770d66330e27de6a4345fcb69.camel@suse.com>. If
enable/run just one of:
- reconnect
- flags_mismatch
- connect_fail

I see no issues.

As soon as two of those are run, one after the other, the problem
starts to appear.

However, Claudio, AFAIUI, you're seeing this with an older GCC and
without LTO, right?

Regards
--
Dario Faggioli, Ph.D