qemu-devel

Help: How do I make a machine with 2 separate ARM SoC's?

From: Peter Delevoryas
Subject: Help: How do I make a machine with 2 separate ARM SoC's?
Date: Thu, 26 May 2022 22:09:43 +0000

Hey QEMU developers,

Cedric mentioned here[1] that QEMU can support emulating a
more complete board, e.g. a machine with an AST2600 *and* an AST1030.

I read through the memory API docs[2] and it mostly makes sense to me,
but what I don’t understand is, what does system_memory represent?
Or, what should the layout be for a situation like I’m interested in,
where you have an AST2600 and an AST1030 (and actually, maybe even
an x86 CPU too? idk if that would be possible).

I need to make sure each SoC runs in a different address space, right?
But, how do I actually do that? Do I model it as two containers inside
the large system_memory container, or as two different containers
that get swapped in for system_memory when executing their associated
CPU?

I was having trouble figuring out what the Xilinx boards are actually
doing in this case. Does each CPU share peripherals, or are the
A + R cpu’s actually in separate address spaces? I’m very confused lol.

If anyone can provide suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Peter

[1]
2ab490a2-875d-ae82-38d0-425415f9818c@kaod.org/">https://lore.kernel.org/qemu-devel/2ab490a2-875d-ae82-38d0-425415f9818c@kaod.org/