qemu-devel

Re: CPUs supported by the sbsa-ref board

From: Itaru Kitayama
Subject: Re: CPUs supported by the sbsa-ref board
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 18:02:40 +0900

By calling a57’s CPU init function inside the max’s, I can bring up the sbsa-ref board with the latest kernel. I’ll try to patch a64’s unit function with Shuichiro next week.

On Fri, May 20, 2022 at 17:57 Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
On Mon, 16 May 2022 at 02:58, Itaru Kitayama <itaru.kitayama@gmail.com> wrote:

> With the latest, manually built TF-A, I was able to boot a72, but not
> max. Since `max` type is supported by TF-A, I think it might be
> a Qemu issue.

How far did boot go? Does '-cpu max,lpa2=off' work? There's a
bug in older Linux kernels that makes them fail to boot on
CPUs with the LPA2 feature.

-- PMM