qemu-devel

Re: hang in migration-test (s390 host)

From: Peter Maydell
Subject: Re: hang in migration-test (s390 host)
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 10:34:02 +0100

On Thu, 28 Apr 2022 at 16:08, Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Mar 2022 at 08:04, Juan Quintela <quintela@redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> > Laurent Vivier <lvivier@redhat.com> wrote:
> > > Perhaps Juan or Thomas can help too (added to cc)
> > >
> > > Is this a regression?
> > > It looks like a bug in QEMU as it doesn't move from cancelling to
> > > cancelled.
>
> I had a repeat of this hang (same machine), so here's the debug
> info I wasn't able to gather the first time round.

migration-test is still intermittently hanging on this machine.
Can we either:
 * add enough tracing and debug to this test that we can get
   logging from it to tell us what is failing
 * disable the test

please?

This is hampering the automated CI because gradually the CI
runner slots fill up with stuck jobs. (I don't know why the CI
runner is not killing the processes when the job itself times out.)

thanks
-- PMM