qemu-devel

Re: Signing QEMU up for GitLab for Open Source?

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: Signing QEMU up for GitLab for Open Source?
Date: Mon, 9 May 2022 10:39:55 +0200

Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@redhat.com> writes:

On Mon, Apr 25, 2022 at 01:53:28PM +0100, Alex Bennée wrote:

Stefan Hajnoczi <stefanha@redhat.com> writes:

[[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
Hi,
QEMU needs to enroll in GitLab for Open Source before July 1st to
receive 50,000 CI/CD pipeline minutes and GitLab Ultimate features:

https://about.gitlab.com/blog/2022/02/04/ultimate-perks-for-open-source-projects/
https://about.gitlab.com/solutions/open-source/

CI/CD minutes also become available to personal forks for open source
repos so contributors can run CI pipelines without hitting CI limits as
easily.

https://about.gitlab.com/pricing/faq-efficient-free-tier/#managing-cicd-usage

  Q. I am an active contributor to GitLab. Will the same limits be
     applicable to me as well?

  A. All free tier users receive 50,000 CI/CD minutes for running
     pipelines on public forks of public open source projects, like
     GitLab. Contributions to all other projects by free tier users
     are subject to the new limits.

Wow, this is a great news!

Alex, Paolo, Peter, and I are qemu-project owners on GitLab. Has anyone
already submitted an application?

No but if we are happy with the terms we should go ahead. I don't recall
SFLC having any major objections and GitLab seem to be pretty engaged in
ensuring open source projects are well treated.

Yep, they've been pretty receptive to feedback myself & other maintainers
been giving about the usage & needs of QEMU/libvirt and other major OSS
projects.