qemu-devel

Re: iotests and python dependencies

From: Paolo Bonzini
Subject: Re: iotests and python dependencies
Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 17:50:00 +0200

On 5/5/22 16:13, John Snow wrote:

    I would rather keep python/qemu/qmp as a submodule for a longer time,
    and still go through a virtual environment that installs it together
    with its pip dependencies.

A small headache relating fixes to both locations, but if you'd like to see it to prove that the installation mechanism works in general, then OK. I'm willing to deal with the pain until the next release to let us go through a testing cycle. Reluctantly. Maybe.

I'm assuming you mean as a subpackage and not a [git] submodule. If you do mean git, then ... uh. That might be messy.

Yeah, I meant a git submodule in qemu.git... It would also be the easiest way to build a subpackage in Fedora, since it would be part of the QEMU tarballs.

Paolo