qemu-devel

NBD reconnect on open

From: Vladimir Sementsov-Ogievskiy
Subject: NBD reconnect on open
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2019 12:18:41 +0000

Hi Eric!

There is a question to discuss.

We need to make an option to allow nbd-reconnect loop on nbd-open.
For example, add optional nbd blockdev option open-reconnect-delay, to
make it possible to start qemu with specified nbd connection, when nbd
server is down, and make several tries to connect before starting the
guest.

So, we need it for nbd opened from commandline arguments, and this case
seems OK.

But adding option to QAPI, we also allow it for qmp blockdev-add, and
reconnecting in context of qmp command execution is a wrong thing..

I can add new option only to options in block/nbd.c, but this way
-blockdev command line option will not work, it needs QAPI definition.

What do you think about it?

I can detect somehow in nbd_open that we are in qmp monitor context, and
return error if open-reconnect-delay specified.. Is it OK? Is there a
way to do it?

--
Best regards,
Vladimir