qemu-devel

Re: virtiofsd: Where should it live?

From: Dr. David Alan Gilbert
Subject: Re: virtiofsd: Where should it live?
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2019 10:53:41 +0000

We seem to be coming to the conclusion something that:

  a) It should live in the qemu tree
  b) It shouldn't live under contrib
  c) We'll create a new top level, i.e. 'daemons'
  d) virtiofsd will be daemons/virtiofsd

Now, somethings I'm less clear on:
  e) What else would move into daemons?  It was suggested
    that if we've got virtiofsd in there, then we should move
    libvhost-user - which I understand, but then it's not a
    'daemons'.
    Are there any otehr daemons that should move?

  f) Should virtiofsd always be built (if the deps are installed)?

Dave