qemu-devel

Re: [Qemu-devel] Misc patches for qemu

From: Jocelyn Mayer
Subject: Re: [Qemu-devel] Misc patches for qemu
Date: 26 Jun 2003 22:38:35 +0200

On Thu, 2003-06-26 at 15:58, Johan Rydberg wrote:
> Jocelyn Mayer <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> : Here's a set of patches that fix some target emulation portability
> : problems in qemu:
>
> When can we expect the PPC target?

Well I hope in a few days, maybe next week:
I got all basic arithmetic and logical opcodes OK,
getting no differences between a real PPC and qemu.
But "real" programs like bash still crash after
a few thousands of instructions...

I need to do more tests on instructions using immediate values,
load/store (especially multiple and strings ones) and it should be quite
usable for simple programs using no floats or special stuffs like time
synchronisation using tbl/tbu registers.
For now, I'm just trying to emulate a PPC purely based on the 32 bits
PPC specification but I will extend it after to emulate real ones. I
would also like to emulate 64 bits PPC, for fun...

--
Jocelyn Mayer <address@hidden>