pspp-dev

Re: Re: New Windows installer for test and feedback

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Re: New Windows installer for test and feedback
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2021 16:02:55 +0200

[[Moving to pspp-dev@gnu.org]]

Do you have an example rc file that I can use as a pattern?

J'

On Mon, Sep 06, 2021 at 12:59:28PM +0200, Harry Thijssen wrote:
     Hi

     I assume this is what I used windres for.

     Stay safe

     =============

     On Mon, Sep 06, 2021 at 09:49:21AM +0200, Matej Kovacic wrote:

        I think you should add a publisher name and a product name in setup file
          of Windows application. It would still ask if you trust the publisher,
          but it won't be written "Unknown Publisher", but "PSPP project" or
          something.

          I know it is a small thing, but those are things that are making
better
          usability of the whole system.

     I'm not sure how to do that but I will try to find out.  It may well be
that
     in order have this show anything other than "Unknown Publisher" one has to
     pay $$$ to Microsoft - depending on how many $ this is, it may not be a
     problem.  But it may well be the case that one has to agree to all sorts of
     unethical promises - that is likely to be a showstopper.

     Thanks for the suggestion.