pspp-dev

Re: Cascaded casts

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Cascaded casts
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2020 08:26:14 -0700

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 5:21 AM John Darrington <john@darrington.wattle.id.au> wrote:
The warnings I *do* see with gcc10 -Wall include the enum-conversion warnings in
data-io/placement-parser.c and output/spv/spv.c  but I don't think casts are the
right way to fix these.  Rethinking the definition of the enums and their members
would be a better way IMO, but this is Ben's code so I'll leave that decision to
him.

I haven't noticed those warnings, but I've also not been doing a lot of development
due to an awkward development environment. I have a new computer arriving this
week that should help with that, so perhaps there will be a flurry of changes afterward.

I obviously didn't get the 1.4.1 release out this weekend. I'll make that one of my
priorities for after the new computer arrives.