pspp-dev

Problem compiling on FreeBSD

From: Michel Boaventura
Subject: Problem compiling on FreeBSD
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 13:46:31 -0300

Hi,

I'm having the following problem while compiling pspp to FreeBSD:

./configure: 16164: Syntax error: Unexpected end of line in substitution

looking at this line, I have:

  test x"${pspp_cv_build_exeext}" != xno &&
EXEEXT_FOR_BUILD=${pspp_cv_build_exeex
t}

and if I remove this new line everything works.

This new line seems to came from acinclude.m4 on lines 172-173. If instead of
./configure I execute
bash configure it also works, so I'm assuming this is an issue with FreeBSD's
sh.

Is there a reason for this newline on acinclude.m4? If no, I think we could
remove it to fix this issue.

Regards