pspp-dev

Re: Re: MacOS App Bundle for pspp

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Re: MacOS App Bundle for pspp
Date: Fri, 20 May 2016 15:59:57 +0200

> Full relocation which will allow to move the application it to the application
> folder
> or any other folder would need more tweaks and possibly changes to
> source, e.g. to find the ui files?

I am not sure about MacOS, but on MSWindows a user can decide where to install PSPP during installation.
The installation itselfs decides where to install the software depending on your rights on the system.
Administor -> system wide, user with restricted rights -> on its own environement.
If the user would decide to move the directory later on (s)he has to change only the shotcuts and the registry entries used for starting PSPP with a mouseclick on a data or sps file. As I think about it, it should be easy to build a script for that. But uninstalling and installing again is easier (and dummy proof :-) ) be very surprised if the sources have to be changed to make PSPP relocatable on MacOS.

Have fun