pspp-dev

Re: Running tests under wine.

From: Harry Thijssen
Subject: Re: Running tests under wine.
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 21:04:07 +0100

On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 06:56:17AM +0100, John Darrington wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:55:19PM +0100, Harry Thijssen wrote:
>      > Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2016 21:59:02 +0100
>      > From: John Darrington <address@hidden>
>      > To: address@hidden
>      > Subject: Running tests under wine.
>      >
>      > I pushed a change which allows many of the tests to run under wine.
>      >
>      > make RUNNER=wine check
>      >
>      > --
>      >
>
>      I tried it  and see the results below. Due to a patch of mine, there should
>      1 tests and 1 failure added to the counts.
>      Would the same trick work for some of the other executables used in the
>      tests?
>
> Unfortunatey I don't think so.  For two reasons:
>
> 1.  We cannot "shadow" the pspp-convert command using a bash function, because
>     bash functions cannot contain hyphens.

pspp-convert is much less of a problem, because I only see a few calls
to it.  It's easy enough to add $RUNNER directly to those.

> 2.  As discussed earlier, many of the other commands need to be compiled for the
>     build machine rather than the host machine.  This will require significant
>     rearrangement of the automake files.

Yes, this is more of a problem.

I did a quick check and found:
datasheet-test.exe
inexactify.exe
sack.exe
command-name-test.exe
scan-test.exe
segment-test.exe
abt-test.exe
bt-test.exe
cmac-aes256-test.exe
encoding-guesser-test.exe
heap-test.exe
hmap-test.exe
hmapx-test.exe
i18n-test.exe
line-reader-test.exe
ll-test.exe
llx-test.exe
range-map-test.exe
range-set-test.exe
range-tower-test.exe
sparse-array-test.exe
sparse-xarray-test.exe
stringi-map-test.exe
stringi-set-test.exe
string-map-test.exe
string-set-test.exe
str-test.exe
tower-test.exe
u8-istream-test.exe
zip-test.exe
chart-get-scale-test.exe
chart-get-ticks-format-test.exe
render-test.exe
syntax-gen-test.exe

Wouldn' t it work when $RUNNER is used in the calls for these programs?  Maybe I can run a test a see how many of the tests complete then.