pspp-dev

Repaired Glade on gtk3 branch - internal-child?

From: Friedrich Beckmann
Subject: Repaired Glade on gtk3 branch - internal-child?
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 16:29:38 +0200

Hi,

with this commit

http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/pspp.git/commit/?h=gtk3&id=58c762effe6bbe1ee418b57a1f461bbd33173bd2

I repaired the glade library such that it is possible to view the ui files with glade now. This involved the
removal of the „internal-child“ in the psppire-dialog. I tried this on debian 8 and debian 7 in the gtk3 branch
and there it works. The internal child was created by setting the property „orientation“. However glade tries
to read the internal child sometimes before setting the property. As I could not see the reason for the internal-child, I removed the
internal child in order to simplify the ui files.

I tried this also in the master branch in gtk2. There psppire still works as far as I checked it. glade would require some
more fixes (some dependencies are missing in the compile step of the psppire-glade library).

Friedrich