pspp-dev

Re: About SparkleShare

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: About SparkleShare
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 09:31:54 -0700

On Tue, Aug 06, 2013 at 11:30:33PM -0700, Basti?n D?az wrote:
> Hello, I write to alert you that for now will use SparkleShare to update or
> make changes to the PSPP git repository.
> Although Ben mentioned to me some difficulties, I learned to properly
> configure and use SparkleShare, and I think that for now for me it is safer
> to use PSPP git repository that.
>
> I will work mainly in the repository I created on github, and will only
> important changes in the savannah repository.

Hello Bastian.

SparkleShare isn't really appropriate for use in a software development
repository.  It creates commits that have poor commit messages, and it
creates commits that aren't well logically thought out.  I've fixed that
up in the PSPP repository for the moment, but in the future I'd like to
ask you to commit to the repository in the conventional way (without
SparkleShare).  If you are not comfortable with that, please ask for
assistance.  I am happy to help and I bet that John would be happy to
help too.

Thanks,

Ben.