pspp-dev

Re: PSPPire UI mockup

From: Bastián Díaz
Subject: Re: PSPPire UI mockup
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 16:57:15 -0700 (PDT)

> One that would be pretty easy is the suggestion to include an icon to
> describe the level of measurement.  Can you provide icons for the three
> levels of measurement that SPSS supports (scale, ordinal, nomimal)?

I already did it. Send icons for: scale (date-scale), nominal (date-nominal,
string-nominal), ordinal (date-ordinal, string-ordinal), these are currently
supported in SPSS. I also added the option for currency (for the 3 measures).

> I am not sure that it makes sense to put the output viewer into a tab
> given that the eventual goal would be to add SPSS-like features to the
> output viewer, which (as you say) make it more suited to a separate
> window.

I did not know that was a target for PSPP.
If so, could there be an option to access that functionality?
It could be as a tab or a button on the toolbar to keep that window (and maybe
the syntax editor window) in the background in the main window.
When I teach PSPP / SPSS, often hear complaints about that (especially that
sometimes the window is above the other). I teach to save and keep both files
and if they can make a copy of syntax procedures (with the button paste) to
review procedures or errors. For a casual user is usually somewhat complicated
to handle 2 or more windows of the same application or operating the journal
file. As I mentioned, it could be an option as offered GIMP (the default
interface is the classic, single window instead can choose by your preferences).

--
Bastián Díaz