pspp-dev

Re: Mathematician/ C programmer would like to contribute

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Mathematician/ C programmer would like to contribute
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 11:43:06 +0000

Hi Jochen,

Thanks for you mail.  I'm copying this reply to address@hidden so that
other developers get the benefit of the discussion.

There are a number of statistical procedures still missing.  You might
like to consider the posthoc tests for the ONEWAY command, or oblique
rotations for FACTOR.

We've never actually had any complaints about PSPP being numerically
unstable. That said, we could always use advice about what could be
done better.  For example, it is well know that variance is much more
stable when calculated with 2 passes though the data than with one.
However in PSPP we prefer to make as few passes as possible.  So any
advice from an expert on when and where the two pass method should
be prefered is welcome.

So far as coding standards are concerned,  these are available
online at http://gnu.org/prep/standards/

Please feel free to post a message to address@hidden or drop
by at #pspp on irc.freenode.net

Regards,