pspp-dev

Re: Call for testing MSWindows package & call for testing: non-ASCII fil

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Call for testing MSWindows package & call for testing: non-ASCII file names
Date: Wed, 4 May 2011 16:25:43 +0000

I tried Harry's package on a Windoze box with German configuration.

From the gui, the contents of the syntax editor gets saved in UTF8
encoding.  However, when the same file is read back in, it's read
as if it were iso-8859-1 (or windows1252).

The cause seems to be clear:  in psppire-syntax-window.c, the function
syntax_load converts the text by calling g_locale_to_utf8  however,
there is no reciprocol call in the function save_editor_to_file.

J'