pspp-dev

Re: GNU PSPP 0.6.2-pre6 now available

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: GNU PSPP 0.6.2-pre6 now available
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 15:31:01 +0800

If I'm not wrong, then all of these problems a) also exist in 0.6.1; and b)
have been
fixed in 0.7.x.

As I understand it, the purpose of this release is to fix serious bugs in 0.6.1
where
possible.  I think that the issues you have raised are missing features rather
than
bugs.  So it's not appropriate to backport the patches from master.

Ultimately, this of course is Ben's decision.

J'

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 09:27:44PM -0300, michel wrote:

     > Then that is why it doesn't build.  The pre0.6.2 repository hasn't been
     > updated to reflect the latest gnulib.  However, the tarball which Ben
     has
     > published should work.

     Thank you John. It works with the tarball.

     Now I've found three new issues.

     The first one is relative with encoding, so I think that it can't be
     fixed. If I use
     words with non-ascii chars on psppire, everything goes fine. But when this
     words are
     used on variable sheet, the non-ascii chars appears with problem. Take a
     look at this
     picture: http://www.cecaps.ufmg.br/pspp/files/problem.png.

     The type should be "Num??rico", which is the Portuguese word to "Numeric".
     I think that
     the best solution, at least for now, is to remove the non-ascii chars from
     some words.

     The second issue is that I can't remove a variable. If I right click on
     the variable line at
     the variable view, nothing happens.

     The last issue is that if I call "psppire.exe some_file.sav", psppire
     doesn't open it. AFAIR,
     this was fixed, but only on master branch. The fix could be implemented on
     stable to?

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3