pspp-dev

Re: Output branch dependencies

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Output branch dependencies
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 05:32:56 +0000

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 09:28:19PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     I keep hearing that GTK+ 3.0 (when released) will drop support
     for direct member access, so we may have to break compatibility
     at that point (or write extra Autoconf tests and wrappers).

Major version numbers of Gtk have always been completely incompatible.

However, from what I understand, those members marked in the gtk headers
with GSEAL will be inaccessible in Gtk+ 3.x
So when the appropriate, we can try to pre-empt the 2->3 transition by
#defining GSEAL to "; //" or some such ...

But for now, I think it's best not to require later versions unless there
is good reason.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3