pspp-dev

Re: Re: Subscribe PSPP to launchpad.net?

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Re: Subscribe PSPP to launchpad.net?
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 16:55:15 +0200

>john, Mon, 15 Jun 2009 23:08:29 +0000:
>> However, for translators who want to use a public forum, and wish their
>> contributions to be integrated into the Pspp distribution, I really
>> would strongly suggest  http://translationproject.org over any other.
>> The reason is, that to my knowledge, it is the only forum that tracks
>> the copyright status of contributions, and has any sort of communication
>> with the FSF office.  See
>> http://translationproject.org/html/authors.html
>
>I have no cluet ... I did suggest Fedora site just because I know about
<...>
>MatÄj

I tend to agree with John. I myself wouldn't like to see my work on a
commercial site. And of course the copyrights should be dealt with
correct. I had a look at all three mentioned sites and guess the
translationproject would be closest to the ideas of opensource and
GNU. But I have no strong feelings against the other sites.

I would suggest the PSPP project decides with which translation
platform they want to work as they have to place the pot file there
and pick up the translations.

We could try things with the dutch translation and see if it works for PSPP.

>From my own experience hwever, for an initial translation I guess
using some cloud computing would be easier. For instance, rename the
.po file to .txt and place it on google-docs. This way you can
translate simultaneously with x people in the same file and have
version control.

Have fun