pspp-dev

Re: [Fwd: Package: pspp-0.6.1-3.fc11 Tag: dist-f11 Status: failed Built

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Package: pspp-0.6.1-3.fc11 Tag: dist-f11 Status: failed Built by: ausil]
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 21:47:53 -0700

Matej Cepl <address@hidden> writes:

> Ben Pfaff, Mon, 08 Jun 2009 21:00:47 -0700:
>> PSPP is supposed to be portable to 64-bit architectures and to
>> big-endian architectures.  In other words, it should work on sparc64.
>>
>> Maybe I need to build some other way?  I didn't pass -m64 to GCC, should
>> I?
>
> Two pieces of information ...
> a) all tests pass on S/390 (which is big endian as well) and ppc* (which
> are big endians as well, aren't they?),
> b) and according to our Sparc guys, yes you should add -m64 on sparc64
> platform.

Thanks.

The Sparc systems to which I have easy access are all
Debian-based.  Debian's Sparc userland is 32-bit only, so I don't
see an easy way to try to debug this on any of them.

One possibility would be to install Fedora sparc64 in QEMU.  This
is likely to take a lot of time, so while I'm willing to do it if
I have to, it'd be much better if someone can just offer me a
ready-made QEMU disk image.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org