pspp-dev

Character encoding for output.

From: john
Subject: Character encoding for output.
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 08:29:10 +0000

Up till now, pspp has never been able to display non-ascii characters in
its output (or at least, if it worked it was pure fluke).

I had a quick play with Ben's new cairo output driver today.  It seems to
make a very good job of displaying UTF-8 strings.  The trouble is, it falls
over badly if presented with something which is not UTF-8.

I don't see any solution to this problem, except for a painstaking audit of
every call to tab_text, tab_joint_text, tab_output_text, tab_raw etc. to
make sure that it's being presented with a valid UTF8 string.

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3