pspp-dev

Re: errors in snapshot merge-20090126 en 27

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: errors in snapshot merge-20090126 en 27
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 23:06:31 -0800

unknown-1 <address@hidden> writes:

> And for the -20090125 versie everything worked fine. It was on a reasonable
> fresh installation so I guess it is not corrupt. Using "make" on the same
> source gives the same result. I will try and download the source again. It
> could be an extraction problem. However it is strange that it happens on 2
> versions and the 3th (which was the last I tried) works fine.

I wasn't suggesting that it was a problem with the downloaded
tar.gz being corrupted.  Although that is possible, it is
unlikely.

Instead, what I noticed in these errors is that both
check-model.c and frequencies.c are generated by the q2c
program.  This suggests that somehow q2c is generating corrupt
output.  One source I've seen for that in other projects in the
past is a combination of missing dependencies (which would be a
bug in the PSPP makefiles) and use of the -j option to make.  But
you say that you are not using -j, so that cannot be the problem.

At this point, I am puzzled and don't know what to suggest as the
culprit.

> Did you download the source from the snapshot page?

Yes, I did.

> BTW. Wouldn't it be an idea to have a link to the snapshot builds on the gnu
> pspp home page?

That's a good idea.
--
"[Modern] war is waged by each ruling group against its own subjects,
 and the object of the war is not to make or prevent conquests of territory,