pspp-dev

Re: Suggestions

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Suggestions
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 18:10:58 +0900

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 09:33:26AM +0100, R??mi Dewitte wrote:
     John,

     What surprises me is that by just removing the truncation it already works
     for me.

Actually, I'm not too sure from whence the figure of 60 comes.   The
spssv14 documentation says 120 bytes, the limit that sys-file-writer
permits is 255 bytes, and as you discovered, the dictionary.c and
value-labels.c specifies 60

Part of the problem, I think, arises in the distinction between bytes
and characters which unfortunately is not correctly handled in all
cases.

I guess we need to look at this a bit more carefully.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3