pspp-dev

Re: Yelp problem

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: Yelp problem
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 13:35:07 +0900

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 11:22:50PM -0300, Michel Boaventura wrote:
     The pspp for windows doesn't have any type of help, because mingw
     doesn't have a version of Yelp for it. Today I've tried to port it,
     and I guess it will be an almost impossible task.
     Yelp needs
gconf,dbus,orbit,libstartup-notification,gnome-doc-utils,gtk-unix-printing
     and others libraries. I guess it will be so many things to include on
     installer, just to show a help for the user. Maybe we can do an
     workaround and show the help on the browser or something like that.

     Is there a special motive for use Yelp? Because I wanna keep pspp for
     windows implementation as close as possible of original, but I don't
     know if port all of this libs, include it all on
     the install just to show help messages will worth it.

Well the motive was that Yelp is supposed to be the canonical gnome
help viewer.  However given that it appears to be so unstable, I'm not
entirely opposed to using some other thing.  The question is: What?

Maybe xinfo, tkinfo??
Perhaps it would be best to have some configureable string to launch
the help viewer.  The issue which then arrises is how best to deal
with configuration for the gui.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3