pspp-dev

Re: Fwd: a new factory build?

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Fwd: a new factory build?
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 2008 10:34:42 -0700

unknown-1 <address@hidden> writes:

> Could you mail how I can create the stable and the merge version so I can
> check the fixes and see if the compilation reaches its end without errors.

Recently I've started doing nightly builds of three versions,
from a cron job.  Among the outputs of that script are three
snapshots, and I gave you two of those.

It might be easier for me to just provide new snapshots, since it
happens automatically every night anyhow.  Let me know if that's
easier for you.

For what it's worth, here is the script:

#! /bin/sh -ex
build () {
    make -f Smake
    mkdir _$1
    (cd _$1 && ../configure && make distcheck distdir=pspp-$1-$now)
    mv _$1/*.tar.gz ..
}

clean () {
    rm -rf _$1
    git checkout po/en_GB.po
    rm -f po/POTFILES.in
}

now=$(date +%Y%m%d)
cd $HOME
cd tmp
rm -rf pspptmp
mkdir pspptmp
cd pspptmp
git clone --depth=0 git://git.savannah.gnu.org/gnulib.git gnulib
git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/pspp.git pspp

cd pspp
build master
clean master

git checkout origin/stable
build stable
clean master

git merge origin/master
build merge

mkdir _valgrind
cd _valgrind
../configure
make check SUPERVISOR='libtool --mode=execute valgrind --leak-check=full
--log-fd=3' 3>&2

--
God leaned close as mud as man sat up, looked around, and spoke.  Man blinked.
"What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.  "Everything must have a