pspp-dev

Re: Unsupported feautures in mingw

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Unsupported feautures in mingw
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 11:57:07 +0200

Hi Ben

Actually, I didn't do much with it yet. Unfortunately I run out of my time. I am upgrading my computers to openSUSE 11, have some websites which need attention and a garden which is growing very fast. :-)) Besides it is nice whether and sitting in the garden with my girl is even more fun as sitting behind the computer. :-)

So this will take some time before I can spend time again. But I still can use the Cygwin installation for upgrading the windows setup so it has no high priority.

Have fun.

2008/7/6 Ben Pfaff <address@hidden>:
unknown-1 <address@hidden> writes:

> Currently I am looking at Mingw as option for a windows port of PSPP. After
> dumping the Cygwin integration and working with plain Mingw this may work.
> However, I get a lot of errors. One of the errors is about "ftello". After
> google-ing a bit I found:

Hi unknown-1.  Did you get these problems resolved?  I never saw
a final follow-up on the mailing list.  The problem with ftello
is particularly puzzling, because PSPP (via gnulib) goes to some
trouble to detect whether the operating system supports ftello
and avoids using it if it is not available.
--
Ben Pfaff
http://benpfaff.org