pspp-dev

Re: Building against old libraries

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: Building against old libraries
Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 09:02:36 -0700

> OK.  How about the attached patch.  It adds an option to ./configure
> called --enable-anachronistic-dependencies which relaxes the gtk+
> version.

This looks good to me, except that I would be slightly more
explicit in the text import dialog, adding something like
"...because it was compiled against a version of GTK+ older than
version 2.12."

Ed, does this work for you?  (i.e. is it good enough in principle
and does it actually build and work?)
--
"In this world that Hugh Heffner had made,
 he alone seemed forever bunnyless."