pspp-dev

Re: graphics

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: graphics
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 11:33:06 +0800

On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 07:01:29PM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:

     I also think that this is a good direction to look into, but
     unfortunately I think that the first step we will have to take is
     to get competent legal advice.  Witness:

             http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT7023453
             http://www.google.com/patents?vid=USPAT7176924

     Both of these are patents titled "A computer method, apparatus
     and storage medium is provided for creating quantitative
     aesthetic graphics from data," inventor L. Wilkinson, assigned to
     SPSS Inc.

Hmm Yes.  Perhaps then it's better if we don't read this book, least
it subconciously influences the code.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3