pspp-dev

Re: build problems

From: Ben Pfaff
Subject: Re: build problems
Date: Sun, 25 May 2008 15:04:44 -0700

> On Sun, May 25, 2008 at 03:01:45AM +0100, Ed wrote:
>      The following is the result of trying to build with cvs from tonight.
>      What am I doing wrong?
>      address@hidden:~/fun/pspp$ make -f Smake GNULIB=/usr/bin/
>
> /usr/bin sounds like a wierd place to keep gnulib  Are you sure this
> is correct?

We only use the GNULIB variable to find gnulib-tool, and I could
see /usr/bin as a reasonable place to keep gnulib-tool.

Perhaps our variable should really be GNULIB_TOOL, and the value
would be the file name of gnulib-tool.  This seems like it's more
consistent with other programs' behaviors.
--
"Implementation details are beyond the scope of the Java virtual
 machine specification.  One should not assume that every virtual