pspp-dev

Re: Pre release for the cygwin/windows setup. Tests needed.

From: unknown-1
Subject: Re: Pre release for the cygwin/windows setup. Tests needed.
Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 09:38:45 +0200

Hi

   OK.  I downloaded it OK this time.   It seems to install OK, but I had
   to install it to a network drive, because I don't have permission to
   write to the local disk.

This should work if you had administrator rights at the moment of installation. After installation you don't need write access to the installation directory anymore. At least this was what I intended to create. If not, it is a bug.

   When I try to run it, I get a message saying
   "Windows cannot find 'run'. ..."  Perhaps this is because of it being
    on a different disk, like you mentioned.

Strange can you give me the value of the temp envrionment variable and the path where you installed the installation?

   There's also an annoying window that keeps popping up saying that a
   virus has been detected on my machine, but I'm not sure if that
   happended before I installed or not.

I hope it is only on your machine. It would surprise me if I had a virus in the package. My environment is heavy protected and isolated. I will check this to be 200 % sure.

  You need to be aware of some issues regarding licensing:

I am new to this. Please advice me. What is the easiest/best way to do this?
My primary goal is not to violate your rights on PSPP and the rights of the other packages I used.

What I intended with my licence text is that everybody can use it and everybody can change what I made as long as (s)he donates the result to the community again. The only "source"  code is the 2 *.bat files. They are included so I guess that is ok?  (The exe is generated with an opensource program from the psppire-start.bat. Actualy it is only a launcher with an icon to have a nice shortcut on the desktop)

CU