pspp-dev

Re: sparc build woes

From: Jason Stover
Subject: Re: sparc build woes
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 22:25:53 -0400

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 06:35:15PM -0400, Jason Stover wrote:
> I'm trying to build the candidate on a sparc+solaris
> machine that doesn't have a lot of features.
>
> First I'm building gettext.
>
> Here is the first problem:
>
> gcc -std=gnu99 -g -O2 -o .libs/msgcmp msgcmp-msgcmp.o
> ./.libs/libgettextsrc.so
> /web/web-users/jstover/src/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/gnulib-lib/.libs/libgettextlib.so
>  -ltermcap
> /web/web-users/jstover/src/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/intl/.libs/libintl.so
> -lc  -R/web/web-users/jstover/lib
> acl_trivial
> /web/web-users/jstover/src/gettext-0.17/gettext-tools/gnulib-lib/.libs/libgettextlib.so
>
> Any clues?

As Ben pointed out on #pspp, this was a known bug in gettext,
and has been  fixed in CVS. So I checked out the gettext source,
and started compiling it, and it told me I had to have GNU sed.
Solaris sed wasnt' good enough. So I got the GNU sed source, but
the configure script failed. I'm still working on it half-heartedly.

I'm not sending this message to ask for help, but rather to tell
everyone that compiling pspp on Solaris isn't easy.

-Jason