pspp-dev

Re: access-after-free error in gtksheet?

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: access-after-free error in gtksheet?
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 18:26:58 +0800

On Sat, May 03, 2008 at 12:44:12AM -0700, Ben Pfaff wrote:
     Hi John.  While attempting to debug the text import dialog crash,
     I discovered what appears to be an memory-access-after-free error
     in gtksheet.

     To reproduce it, run:
             export G_SLICE=always-malloc
             valgrind ./src/ui/gui/psppire
     and then immediately close the PSPPIRE window once it appears.
     For me, this produces the following complaint (followed by
     others) from valgrind.  The backtraces are so long that I had to
     recompile Valgrind to save more callers than the maximum it
     supports by default!

Does it actually cause any problems?

I have a fairly major rewrite of gtksheet.c in progress.  But it's not
going to be ready before the next release.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3