pspp-dev

Re: hi, newbie coming

From: John Darrington
Subject: Re: hi, newbie coming
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:25:35 +0800

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 03:10:25AM +0200, Laurent Valdes wrote:
     Hi everybody,

     PostgreSQL is a great DBMS,
     it appears that now good and free ODBC packages exist.
     I suggest it would be better to implement ODBC integration before any
     special kind of database.
     After that, integration with PostgreSQL could be made in a breathe.

An ODBC interface would also be useful.   However the odbc client side
libraries that I've seen tend to be very poorly documented, and
rather confusing.  But maybe you're more familiar with such things.

Also, we'd need to choose  a library which is compatible with GPLv3+.
Some of the odbc libraries that I've looked at are LGPLv2 only.

J'

--
PGP Public key ID: 1024D/2DE827B3